The best outcomes for both the organization and the individual result from combining the LCI assessment tool with workshops. The LCI assessment tool provides individual-specific feedback and tailored action plans for development, while workshops build team spirit, impart practical tools and methods, and integrate organization-specific case discussions about how to succeed in the role of a leader.
Workshops demonstrate how the LCI links to the critical roles a leader must assume—for example, being a role model, a team builder, a problem solver, a direction setter, a customer champ, a structure creator, and competent in technical skills needed in one’s role.
Using the LCI in conjunction with follow-up coaching and training to provide a comprehensive development program provides tangible benefits to the individual and the organization:
- Assessments increase awareness and support receptiveness to learning at workshops
- Using real, relevant situations for case discussions and on-the-job assignments keep trainees engaged and promotes learning.
- Teaching principles and tools for competent decision making is best received when done in conjunction with a role model who explains how to apply it in actual work context
- The social benefits and peer pressure of a group of managers who learn together adds to the effectiveness of the program
- The program typically attracts good managers who want to become better